22 July 2008

TT and some other original/unorignal thoughts

Well, it is Tuesday my friends, and time to detail some of the best new drink/drink spots around. I had a wonderful week last week where I got to go meet two great pals for drinks. First, I met dear old Janna at Yia Yia's Germantown last Tuesday. And the bar scene there if so fun! We chose to sit indoors (hello, mosquitoes.) and decided to sample some of their martinis. While I stuck with my favorite, the Yia Yia Cosmopolitan, but Janna opted for the Bahama Tini. There was a great mix of drinks and wine, so I would def recommend going there. Also, on Friday, I had the chance to meet my other dear friend Athena at Do, a sushi restaurant and bar in Cooper Young. While we did eat dinner, we had a wonderful time sitting outside afterwards sipping on wine. I would say that Do is a great place for a girls night, big group, or romantic date, hence it is good for any occasion. The outside patio was just plain perfect.

And don't worry, I have a drink that was even new to my ears. Jenny Gilbert, another wonderful pal, recommended this one. Therefore, we know it will be good. Jenny is very social like me, and is currently working towards her masters. I know, she is big time. She also enjoys reading, the beach, Zumba, and vodka. She does not like it when people have dumb Facebook status updates. The new drink is: Blueberry Bomb! It is made up of: blueberry vodka, cranberry juice, and red bull. Jenny said, "If you are wanting something sweet it is the perfect way to start off your night. It's pretty bomb." If that quote does not make you want to try it, I don't know what will. Jenny said that though she thoroughly enjoys it, she has to give props to the DJ who recommended it and bought her one. Oh Jenny, you go girl!

In other news, Facebook is getting a facelift. I know, I know. Probably going to be more stalkerish. But let's face it, even if we complain about it, we secretly love it. The only main difference is the layout though. Check it out at www.new.facebook.com
The new layout is supposedly coming out in a few days. The New York Times even had a great article about it, check it out:http://www.nytimes.com/idg/IDG_852573C4006938800025748D0064C292.html?scp=3&sq=new%20facebook&st=cse

I guess that we will all have to adjust to the new layout, what do you think about it?
I think that it is different, but Facebook says that they are trying to compete with MySpace and keep people on the site after college. Well first off, if I wanted MySpace, I would have done it. And second, everyone I know that graduates stays on. Great job on your research FB.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...