24 July 2008

An 8 year old, Batman, and a terrible Voicemail

Hello All! Sorry about the lack of post yesterday, my fabulous life kept me away from the computer. A lot was happening around the city of Memphis, and I had to be sure that I was there to catch anything that would help influence more posts.

As I mentioned earlier, my weekend was spent with my adorable cousin Sidney, who is 8 going on 18. She is such a hoot and a firecracker. I feel a special connection with her because my Mom said that I was the exact same way when I was her age. I know that she is going to be even more great when she is older. I believe she will follow my footsteps in becoming Sorority President because she has alraedy memorized every name in her grade and lines them up and gives them things to do. Love it. It is amazing what she knows - how to youtube, has an ipod, and thinks boys are super cute. We had a ball in Memphis, doing makeovers, movies, and the zoo.

The Dark Knight did live up to its hype. It was incredible, non-stop action from beginning to end. I went to see it on Tuesday evening, and the shows were still selling out. It is said to become the best opening weekend/highest grossing film of all time. The only thing that I did not understand was why they felt to make Batman's voice all husky. Oh, and you may want to watch Batman Begins, because I found out after the fact, that The Dark Knight is the sequel. Ah, that is why Batman is living in a loft instead of the mansion. Also, Peta is very upset with the Batman movie because of the "cruel dog" scenes. Please, we all know the dogs were fake and were not hurt. And if I was Batman, I would have thrown those dogs off the side too. I do believe in what Peta stands for, just not the extremist sect. I mean, I am all for helping animals, I have the most precious dog sitting next to me right now (Edgar!). But I do believe that when I am a grandmother I will own a fur coat that I will wear when I go to the theater and church.

So there is a new service that makes breaking up with someone via the phone even easier. What?!?! Breaking up over the phone is really cruel, but I guess it is better than a text. This service will let you call someone, but their phone will not ring, and you can go straight to their voice mail. OMG! Why would someone ever think of creating this? If you are going to break up with someone, take them to a new restaurant, just like Warner did for Elle. Because we all know Elle came back and kicked butt!

Well, I must get back to my daily schedule. I am about to watch my DVR'ed section of The Windsors, so fabulous. And that is another thing, you should invest in DVR or Tivo. These programs are life changing. I will never be able to live without it. You can tape anything from TV! I like to start taping a show, wait about 25 minutes, and then start it so I can fast forward through the commercials. Genius, I know. Also, I have to clean today. Since I am still not making the big bucks yet, I have to do chores to keep up my fabulous life, such as my social and hair expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...