09 December 2008
So, as I said, I have some insider friends at the Country Music Hall of Fame, don't worry about it. But, if you are interested in an event, then you should worry about it, check out a previous post with discount information. They got to see the set up and witness in the delight of the CMA's back in November.
After getting this inside tip, I decided that I wanted to celebrate in the beauty of what is Nashville. So, Janna and I took the long three hour journey to the center of our wonderful state. We also were lucky enough to cheer on the Vols to a victory and come home with some great stories we could share with our families over the holidays. The next time you go to Nashville, I suggest the following:
-Stay at the manor of Ross. The only complaint I had was the cold shower, but hey, you can't get everything.
-Crash a party at a house where you know NO one that lives there. It was one of the best parties and eight hours of my life. Not only did we have best friends by the time the party started to wind down, we also had a new hang out and some great inside jokes. Go Dead Girl.
-When you run into a cop who is about to give you an open container, just casually laugh and say "Oh, you can't walk around with open beers here? We are not from here, we live on Beale Street where this is normal!" Give him a wink and you will be able to continue your journey to the place of 2 for 1's.
So, I conclude that Nashville is a very fun city. Thanks to everyone who helped out in creating one of the best weekends.
I also have been entertaining visitors to the great city of Memphis. When my boo came to town, it was a uniamous decision that we wanted to dance the night away. Let me recommend Alfred's, where the band played everything from Rolling on the River to Vogue. I also recommend a few vodka drinks to really get your body moving!
Now, on to the title of my post - Diet Coke Thief. Like many offices around America, we have a fridge where employees are allowed to store items. I usually use it everyday to store my lunch. And though I have been tempted to try someone else's chocolate pie or take a cold drink when I forgot to pack one, I have always shut this urge down because of common courtesy. So I was shocked today to find out that someone stole my Diet Coke! The audacity! And I had just seen it when I went to get my lunch out of the fridge, and decided to keep it in there and drink it later. Well, when the urge for caffeine came about, I ventured to the breakroom. I was shocked when I could not find it - it had just been there! I had been a vicitim of bad karma, when I had not done anything to deserve it. Well, $.75 later, I was enjoying the taste, but it still was just not as refreshing as the other one would have been. Moral of the story - Always mark your Diet Coke.
11 November 2008
Well, our best friends from L.A. were once again back in our lives and on our television screens last night. Yes, the Hills came back for another thrilling episode. However, I liked last night because they were on separate coasts, giving us a taste of Whitney's new show that will take place in New York. I also love how Whitney and Lauren were supposed to be leaving the airport at six the next morning, but stayed out all night drinking red wine and vodka. How fab they looked, but I am sure the plane ride was not fab - Excuse me, can we have two barf bags? Well we all really know that they flight probably left at 2 that afternoon.
Now, on to something more fab - real life. I have been doing some thinking lately about the pros and cons of my job and working. Janna helped me form these ideas, and we know will both share our opinions on working and on jobs. Here are the pros/cons of working at a garden:
- The beautiful setting - my office is nestled in 96 acres of beautiful wildlife smack dab in the middle of Memphis. I can get up and walk outside at any point of the day and take in the beauty of nature.
- Working at the garden is such a southern thing to do - which I think is just fab because I love being southern.
- I have unlimited access to all kinds of flowers, knowledge of plants, beautiful arrangements to decorate my penthouse.
- Two hour lunches, paychecks, corner office.
- Working fun events, such as art openings, wine tastings, festivals, design extravaganzas.
- Casual everyday of the week.
- Tomato Soup from the cafe at the garden.
- My corner office is located in yes a corner, but between other offices.
- I don't know a thing about gardening, and the best information I can give about the various flowers are oh yes, the pink ones are in bloom, the yellow ones, not so much.
- If I want to look nice one day, everyone is like "Where are you going - a funeral?"
- I am the youngest employee, so others do not share my love for abbrevs, late night dance parties, and celebs.
Now, from the viewpoint of someone who works in a hospital setting. Janna reports by saying:
"Today I was sitting at work and trying to think of all the reasons why I should not get up from my desk and just walk out the door. I have measured the pros and cons of working in the hospital setting.
- The number one pro is obviously that any given moment McDreamy could walk around the corner and profess his undying love for me. Then I could quit my job, drive a Range Rover, and have a super hot hubby.
- The number two pro is that at any given moment a super hot Grey's resident could walk around the corner and profess his undying love for me. This is second to McDreamy because a resident is obviously not as fab as a doctor.
- Fried Okra from the cafeteria
- Internet connection at home is kinda crappy so I need a place to check facebook, gchat, enews, etc.
- I don't have to go to the doctor's office. If my throat hurts, I can walk across the hall stick my tongue out and say ahhhhh.
- I have badges that I have to use to scan to get in to places; this is very VIP.
- I have yet to see a Dr., resident, or even intern for that matter that even remotely looks like they could be part of the Grey's Anatomy cast.
- There are some serious sketch balls that roam around the hospital. I may be scared if I was a patient.
- All the other food from the cafeteria.
- The hospital is very large and confusing and I get lost a lot.
Well, I hope that we have both enlightened you on what it is like to work at two very different environments. If you are still looking to go into work at a garden or a hospital - please get in contact with us. We would love to share more over a nice glass of Pinot Grigio.
10 November 2008
So, now we have the highly anticpated blog from guest blogger Janna. She is very excited to be back, and here is what life revelation she came to while listening to T.I.'s smash hit, Whatever you Like.
09 November 2008
Well, now it is time for some real celeb gossip -
- Kate Winslet, one of my favorite actresses ever, is on the cover looking so glam on this month's Vanity Fair. You should check it out - great pictures and a better story. There were some rumors that she was airbrushed in these photos - which she quickly shot down as being false. For the haters out there, I am sure you are just jealous.
- Brad and Angie have resurfaced in the public eye. Despite untrue rumors that they were in a fight, Brad is going to be appearing on Oprah this week and Angie has said that the twins are doing fabulous. She has said that their personalities are really coming out, how wonderful. I can't wait to see what they do for their first birthday party - I know it will be VIP and glam.
06 November 2008
And now - I have some news that you will not find anywhere else because I have connections with the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville. Yes, yes, when you are a famous blogger you know the ins and outs of lots of places and have VIP everywhere. This next tidbit is straight from the mouths of Mr. Ross Smith and Ms. Courtney Warden who serve as the Co-Director's of Any Bomb Event at the Hall of Fame. Here is a true quote from both Ross and Courtney after they eyewitnessed a taping for "Gone Country 3" - a hit show for CMT.
04 November 2008
03 November 2008
Another change has occurred on Rocky Top. The legendary coach Fulmer has decided to step down at the end of the season. While the Vols have not had a stellar season, it makes me sad to see this era end. Coach F has done many things for the university, and always will carry the Volunteer Spirit with him. I can't believe all the people of little faith who are excited to see him leave - remember, he will always be the one who brought the national championship title home to Knoxville in 1998. I do wish I could have been a student during that time - what a thrill. However, I was just starting the most awkward years of my life then, middle school, and had to wait to become a true Volunteer. I am just glad that Fulmer was there during my four years. I will be in attendance of the Tennessee v. Vandy game and have full faith that Coach will pull us through to a win. After all, I was a good luck charm for the Duke Blue Devils a few weeks ago at the very same stadium.
The other day someone was asking me what the celeb update was. And shockingly enough, the celebs have been pretty quiet lately. I think that they are all starting to enjoy the holidays just like the rest of us, and are staying at home and being thankful for all their ritz and riches. However, I have been hooked on Entourage. I admit, I am not a full follower of the show, but have been watching this last season like crazy On Demand. Ari Gold is one of the funniest characters ever, and I sometimes secretly wish I worked for him.
Which brings me to the next point - DVR. Since moving to the penthouse, I have been missing something in my life this past month. And the missing piece was DVR. I know I have talked about how great this invention is in previous posts, but I do believe that once something is gone, you truly see it's real value. So, when I had the eternal dilemma of choosing between Grey's and The Office on Thursdays, I knew that it was time to call Comcast. Thank goodness it only took them a week and a half to show up after bringing a broken box, but now all is right in the world and I can now enjoy all my shows without the added stress.
Now onto the Makeover Monday section:
After discussing with some VIP, I have decided that Christmas/Holiday Cards are the thing to do this season. Why not send some extra love to your friends and family during the holidays? Everyone will love to see how hot you are looking and your new fab haircut. So, send out a little Christmas cheer - it will brighten even the Scrooge in your life during the craziness this season brings.
02 November 2008
I have been jet setting across the southeast, landing in Knoxville, Atlanta, Nashville, Starkville and a few other stops along the way. In Atlanta I celebrated some VIP birthdays by drinking bottomless wine and listening to some jazz music. I also tried to find some time to help out my friend Usher publicize his new hit single - but told him I will forever be a fan of Love in this Club.
Moving has also been in this past whirlwind - I am know a proud tenant in a penthouse, and let me tell you, it is very bomb. If you are ever in Memphis, please get a hold of my publicist and she will see if we can arrange a personal tour. And, if you give enough money to the Mollie Robinson Shopping Foundation (the cause is to keep me looking fabulous) you may even get to have dinner, watch some Gossip Girl, or even get to spend the night in the wonderful place I call home. I, of course, have a fab roomie in the penthouse - the one and only Janna. She is planning on returning as a contributor of the blog. To read some of her past work, check out a previous post on Billy Bob Thornton.
Well, I thought that a good way to welcome back the blog is for me to give you some things that are now fab, still fab, and not so fab -- so drum roll please:
1. Gossip Girl - yes, yes I know it is in the second season, but the CW's show about Upper East Side high school students has me hooked. The lifestyles are glamorous, the love triangles scandalous, and the fashion is just to die for. Will Chuck and Blair ever "seal the deal" again - we will have to wait till tomorrow night to find out. The other reason I love this show is that it is so unreal - high school seniors sipping on cosmos at the most posh places in NYC - totally fab.
2. Taylor Swift - Some of you may think this is very teeny bopper - but Taylor is back with more handwritten songs. She is a very talented young woman, and I think that the studio execs who signed her are happy to find such a talented artist at a young age. I sure hope that she does not become a hot mess, and keeps makig music till she is Dolly Parton's age. Check out a new single from her upcoming album, You're Not Sorry.
3. T.I. "Paper Trail" - This album is one of the best of the year. Too bad that he has to go to prison this year. BUT, check out this CD - it has some great beats and great guests, like JT, Usher, and Ludacris. BOMB.
4. Twilight - This book is amazing. I am still reading it, so please don't leave any comments about the ending. A movie is coming out too about this hit book in November. If you like Harry Potter, check out this book. Ed Cullen is so sexy.
1. Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla Coffee - enough said. If you have not tried it yet, what are you waiting for?
2. Chanel Chance - a classic scent from an icon. You must smell it the next time you are shopping in Sephora. Buy it for the special person in your life, each time she wears it, she will think of you. Here is an early Christmas present from me - the link to go and buy it. Trust me, she will thank you.
3. Britney. She is back, and I can't wait for her new album. I am sure that you have seen the hot new video for Womanizer - if not, then you have been living under a rock.
4. Keira Knigtley - I believe that she is coming into her own as an actress. You must check out her new film, The Duchess, based on Georgiana, the Duchess of Devonshire. I smell Oscar buzz.
1. Daylight Savings - Though we did get an extra hour of sleep last night (when I rolled over to see the clock this morning, I thought it was 9:30, only to realize a few mintues later it was just half past eight) the sun will begin to set at 4 p.m. Well, that might be a tad exagerrated, but I hate how it gets dark earlier now. It is now truly fall, and the only thing that makes it that much better is the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.
2. Jessica Simpson - Her time is over. It is all about Ashlee now. Jessica, you were awesome in the MTV hit "Newlyweds". The only way for her to get back on the "still fab" list is to come back with a hot new single - and not country.
3. Tennessee's football record. Though I do think the Vols are alway fab, it is sad to see us not pull out the strongest season. Come on Vols, let's have some big wins against some of our last opponents this season.
Again - I hope that you are glad the blog is back. I sure am excited about it. Let me know if you want to be a guest writer or if you have any ideas. And as always, keep reading!
15 September 2008
It is now also easier to leave comments on your favorite posts - you don't have to create an ID, so feel free to post comments away!!!
So, now you can send and post till your heart is content.
14 September 2008
Last night I went to a chic place with a good friend from undergrad, LBK. We really don't know how we met at UT, but became good friends through long hours at the Panhellenic building and even later nights at the Bean. LBK is on her way to being a lawyer and also looks to Elle Woods as a mentor because they are both blonde and smart. So, to take a break from studying, I decided we should be superfab and try a restaurant/lounge called Mollie Fontaine's. And yes, it is spelled just like mine, with an IE. (That is half the reason I really wanted to go.) Located in an old Victorian house, there are comfortable chairs located throughout with different tables to make it a more intimate atmosphere. Later on in the evening, this place is hopping, with people all around and live piano player. It makes you feel as if you have stepped back into time, and totally fabulous! And when you go - you have to try the mac and cheese, it is to die for.
I also want to add a personal note to this post -- Congratulations to my dear friend Anna Green on her engagement to Stephen!!! I am so excited for the two of them. Anna and I have been friends since 7th grade - yes, we have known each other in our not so fab hair days. But, we of course have remained close through these years and I am so happy for her and Stephen.
Whatever happens to celebs when they step away from the limelight? I am not talking about the B or C listers that are on every reality show possible, but the huge celebs like J. Lo. I mean she was on top of the world - what is she doing now? Boyz 2 Men? Punky Brewster?
Well, while these celebs try to live somewhat normal lives, the other ones that are always in the news have been of course, making news and smiling for the paparazzi this week.
- Kanye West has a new single and I think that it is super bomb. Her performed it last week on the VMA's. It is called Love Lockdown and it is different from his past music, but is very Kanye because it is very original. I think it is going to def be a club hit. Here is the YouTube of the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjkkBtXgIc
- Brad and Angie have of course, had to top something bigger than having their twins. So, how do you do that? Donate money from their foundation (Jolie-Pitt Foundation) to a clinic in Ethiopia. These two never cease to amaze me.
- Britney and Jamie Lynn shared the joy of both being mothers this past weekend when they reunited for a play date with their children. I am just so glad to see that Britney is turning her life back around. Go Britney!!!
13 September 2008
11 September 2008
08 September 2008
Ok, other than the fact that I am thrilled to see Britney getting her life back together (the silver dress was bomb) I think there were some interesting parts of the award show. The performances are always my favorite part of these awards. Here are my faves:
1. Christina Aguilera - X Tina is back. I have always loved her. She can sing and always has amazing and unique songs and beats. The rendition of Genie was great, and I am beyond thrilled about the new CD.
2. Jonas Brothers - I know, I know, I am way too old for this. But I am not afraid to say that I like them. They are just so cute and love their style. However, I think their style only looks cool because they are famous. I would not like it if my boo walked into Cool Beans wearing such tight pants. Call me old fashioned or a southern conformist, but a good polo and jeans/khakis work for me. Well, other than fashion, I think these brothers are so cute and talented. And Nick (the middle and hottest) is def dating Taylor Swift, they were sitting by each other at the show. Remember when Britney and Justin "came out" as a couple by sitting by each other at the VMAs? Exactly my point.
3. Kanye West. I loved the new jam, it was slower but a great beat. And I loved his light up heart pin. The special effects added to the coolness of what is Kanye and what his performance had to offer.
4. Lil Wayne with Leona Lewis and T-Pain. First, anything that T-Pain adds his hand to has become a hit in the past year. And Leona Lewis is not just a total hottie, but has a beautiful voice. I liked the blend of jazz, slower rap, and then the true beats of the second song. However, Lil Wayne should have had a shirt on and smaller pants. I know, I know, he is reppin' but I mean, come on now.
Though these performances were bomb, I miss the old school ones. Remember when N'Sync and Britney teamed up? I do, it was amazing. Or when Chris Brown did the awesome performance last year? I think next year Usher and JT should do a colloboration and have a dance off. And then Michael Jackson has to come out of the celiling and show how to really tear up the floor. I would cry.
The only thing that would have redeemed the awards would have been if Britney had performed. I truly thought she was going to come out and perform, but I am also liking how she is using her PR and taking baby steps. Britney, you go girl!
The Hills has been such a whirlwind these past two days. Thank goodnes we did not have to wait long after the crazy fiasco of last nights episode to see what happened the next day in Vegas. First off, I want to go to Vegas now, they always stay in the most bomb rooms. However, I do not want to spend five hours in a casino jail. That club looked so bomb and chic at the same time. And then tonight ended with Lauren and Audrina crying and becoming best friends again (whew, I could not deal with another Heidi episode). Speaking of Heidi, she is kind of growing on me again. And by kind of I mean like by like 3%. Her b/f is terrible. I am not even mentioning his name because the fact that they are more famous as a couple than as my blog makes me want to vomit. Another show that I love to watch is Gossip Girl. It is just like the OC but in NYC, which I find way more bomb. And the fashion is out of control. These shows add drama into my life because there is just not any.
06 September 2008
A word that I heard this weekend that I think is amazing is "bromance". While I had heard it before, I was reading about it in a magazine while getting rid of my headache from the free drinks from Corey Smith. I do believe that this word is amazing because it is showing that guys are totally ok with being open about their friendships. I think that movies like Superbad have displayed the power of this word on the full screen, and I am anxious to see more of it. I think it is a great splice of words to illustrate an even funnier point.
31 August 2008
My adventures started on Friday when I packed my bags into the back of the Regen's car and headed to Oxford. The Regens (Sloan and Becca) are on their way to becoming pharmacists and are going to be of great help if I ever need any under the counter meds. I decided to ride down with them because I knew that a. they would enjoy my company, b. I don't really like to drive, c. I really don't like to drive on interstates, and d. I feel more like a celeb being chauffeured around. I ventured to Oxford so I could take in some college football and of course see the wonderful Ellison Howle. Elle is a great friend from high school, who loves dancing, children, and Action News 5. We had a wonderful weekend taking in the grove, eating some great southern food, and enjoying the square nightlife. Though I am not the biggest Ole Miss fan, it was the closest way for me to enjoy some SEC football. The Vols are playing in LA tomorrow night, and while I wish I could so be there (I mean, celebs and the Vols in one place?) I just could not get my pilot in time. Oh well, maybe next time.
So, some real celebs have been really busy over the Holiday weekend. The biggest story, in my opinion, is that Joe Jonas and Taylor Swift are dating. They have both been seen at each other's concerts. Swift has also said that she wants someone who understands what she does. I love this couple, they are so precious. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will not become hot messes. If I was ever to be a "cougar" I would def date Joe Jonas. But that is even weird to think about because he is not even 18 yet. So, that thought is borderline illegal.
Even though I do not want them to turn into a has-been, I do love a hot mess. My favorite hot mess is of course, Britney. Second runner-up is Lindsay Lohan. But, let's get back to Miss Spears. Her hot mess status started when she married that loser K-Fed. However, I do pray each night that she will be performing this year at the VMA's. I think if she comes back with a powerhouse performance, she will redeem herself from last year.
Speaking of the VMA's, I know you are all getting just as excited as I am. I always love the performances and of course, love to see the fashion. I am going to need this entire week to get ready for the broadcast. I will provide my picks for some of the categories later on in the week. Please feel free to let me know who you think should win too.
Technology is something that we all depend way too much on. I am guilty. Yesterday, my iphone froze and I thought that my life was over. I mean really, I did survive. And of course when I went to the apple store today very distraught, the guy pressed two buttons and was like "Voila! You are good to go!" I stood in sheer amazement that I almost started crying. I wanted to give him a tip but he was like no, no, this happens to people all the time. And yes, it is always great to get an e-mail or a text from a long lost friend, but remember, we can survive without technology. I did it for an entire 21 hours and am alright.
If you want to be a local celeb this week, please volunteer in any way to help those who have been effected by Gustav. Yesterday, it was all too clear that this is devastating when I saw throngs of Louisiana tags traveling north to Memphis. Even if it is gathering food for the local Red Cross, get out there and help!
29 August 2008
As a child, I did not read comics or anything like that. However, I do enjoy Batman, Spiderman, Superman movies now. So, I was thinking the other day, what superpower would I want? I mean everyone says to fly, that is lame, I can get on an airplane. I also thought about wanting to have the power of an invisbility cloak like Harry, but I am not running from a dark wizard who is trying to kill me. Then I thought about the power to dissolve into a liquid like substance, but that is way to Alex Mack for me. So, I finally decided - I wish I could just snap my fingers and be anywhere I pleased. Like the other night, I would have snapped my fingers and ended up in North Carolina at a John Mayer concert. I also decided that I could use my power to take people with me. Like, if you are holding my hand, I could snap my fingers and we could both end up at the beach drinking Coronas. I know this kind of sounds dorky, but you should really think about what your power would be.
PR was great this week, and I am so glad that Keith was kicked off. One, he was terrible. And two, he was terrible. When he started to cry I was just rolling my eyes and was like get off the screen. So, thank-you Heidi and Michael for making the show that much better. The Hills of course was drama filled. This season is even more ridiculous than the others, you can tell it is totally scripted. However, I would like to go to the bars/clubs that LC and Lo party it. It seems so glam. And, Lo did try to talk to Audrina again while they were out. Like I said, I am still sticking with Team Lo.
So, I have decided that I really do not like the coffee that we have at work. It is just blah and normal. I am def going to have to buy a huge thing of Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla as my Christmas present to everyone. They may not know it now, but they will thank me in advance. Also, I do not like the fact that many people around me are having celeb sighthings and I am not. Hopefully the stars will align for me and that this weekend I will get to run into someone truly fabulous and then I can blog about it. Ah - that would be the highlight of the weekend.
27 August 2008
- Brothers and Sisters (ABC) - Sunday, September 28
- Dancing with the Stars (ABC, I know, they only reason I am watching is Lance Bass)- Monday, September 22
- Lipstick Jungle (NBC) - Wednesday, September 24
- 30 Rock (NBC) Thursday, October 30
- The Office (NBC) - Thursday, September 25 - If you are like me, you will have to tivo either Grey's or this one so you can enjoy both. Or just watch one online the next day.
- Law and Order (NBC) - Returns this fall with all new episodes...bum bum.
- Kath and Kim (NBC) - This is a new one but looks hilarious! It is based on a BBC comedy and starts Molly Shannon and Selma Blair. - Thursday, October 9
American Idol will be back in January for the 8th season! Wow! I hope the winner will be succesful like Carrie Underwood and not lame like Taylor Hicks. Also, if you are anxiously awaiting these dates (like I am!) you can always turn on The Hills and PR, which will be discussed tomorrow.
Another dislike I have discovered is when people feel the need to yell all about their personal life when they are in line at a store. I mean really, I don't need to know that your daughter had chicken pox last week, you like Ole Miss, and that you have so many things to do today. I mean, I feel as if I know enough about people I really don't want to know about through facebook status updates. Like I have said before, I am not against the status. I just don't need to know that you have a doctors appointment at 5 to remove the mole on your foot.
25 August 2008
- Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling are back together. Yes, yes, the on-screen Notebook couple have been seen canoodling around the globe. I am so happy for this because I think that they are very cute together.
- American Idol is adding a new judge! Whoa - guess Fox wanted to spice something up, even though Idol always tops the Nielsen ratings. The new judge is songwriter Kara DioGuardi, who has written some of Ashlee Simpson's songs. Which I like her already because I am not going to lie, a few of Simpson's songs are on my Workout Playlist. Some are speculating that she may replace Paula Abdul in follwing seasons. BTW, this is the 8th season! And I am going to still watch it - I love Idol. I actually had a dream the other night I was on it and was the 3rd runner up behind the Davids last season. We will have to see if DioGuardi is too nice or mean like Simon.
- Barack Obama announced Joe Biden as his VP pick. If you did not know this, you must not have been in America.
- According to my sources, Brad and Angie are still happily living with the kids in France. I can't wait till they return to America. I hope they come off the plane down the stairs wearing sunglasses and chic clothes.
So, as you know, I have not done a Makover Monday in awhile. I have been deep in thought about what to write about. And now, I have actually started to live on a budget, I actually have to "makeunder" some things in my life. Let me tell you, I am still fabulous. But, I have just learned to cut out unecessary expenses so I can still have money for my other fabulous expenses. I am not going to lie, I love sephora and nice make up. So I have decided that I can only treat myself to going out to lunch once a week in order to afford my new lipstick. If you just learn to cut out things that are not critical to keep you super fab star power, then you will still be able to afford those that do.
Well, this is the week before it all starts: College Football! More importantly, southern football. Even though many of my readers did not attend The University of Tennessee ( I know, so sorry) we all know the feeling you get when your home team runs on the field. So, enjoy this week and get excited about your alma mater (or fave team) kicking off to a great season.
22 August 2008
The Hills is back for the 4th season. And bring on the drama. When this show first started I was a huge LC fan. Loved her. Had the theme song for the show as my ringtone (thanks Cory for reminding me about that!). Well, now, I am still addicted to it but think that LC has just gone down the drain. I mean, she is just plain mean. And I know, everyone is now saying that Lo is the bitchy one. I disagree. I have always loved loved loved Lo. Ever since Laguna Beach. I have had a connection with her because she is like me in the way that:
- She is funny, with a sarcastic and sometimes dry humor.
- A loyal friend, always there for LC when drama occurred.
- Keeps in touch with all different friends.
- Loves to socialize and always looks super fabulous.
- And this is what I heard from a source : She is a Kappa!
So (for those of you who don't watch, lame) Lo is being blamed for tearing LC and Audrina apart. I mean hello, Lo and LC will of course be closer because they have known each other since birth. Lo was there when LC was having trouble with Steven Colletti. So, I believe that Lo was not being a bitch when she went to confront Audrina - she just wanted to settle the situation. I am also like Lo in that we both do not like confrontation. Therefore, I think she handled herself well, even when Audrina (gasp!) says they can not be friends. Well, whatev. The show is of course fake and scripted, but that is what makes me love it even more.
Project Runway was a scream this week - they had to design for Drag Queens. I loved it because there were tons of sequins, feathers, and bright colors. It took me back to my dance recital days of glitter and hairspray. I loved that Joe won, his pink sailor outfit was to die for. I would def wear it if I was a drag queen, but thank goodness I am not. I guess I would never really wear it then. I was also in agreeance with the judges - Daniel needed to be "out". He neve listens to what the challenges are! However, he is dating a fellow contestant Wesley (who was out week 2) and they plan on creating a line together which I am sure will be super glam. So, I guess that they both won love even though they lost the real prize of being season 5 winner.
Ahhhh - so many allegations are against the Chinese women gymnasts! Sources (both my secret ones and those of the AP kind) are claiming that many of the ladies are not at the legal age of 16. Duh. Like I said in a previous post, they do not look like it. I can't even spend anymore time discussing this because it makes me too upset.
In the world of Harry Potter - I have received some interesting news from a source in Orlando. I can reveal this source's name because she is super fabulous. (Well, all of my sources are, but some just choose to stay secretive which I also love) Miss Abby Wallace, a fellow alum of both UT and Kappa, lives the good life in sunny Orlando. Abby and I really bonded one night when I was a mere Freshmen who got into Cool Beans. After a fun filled blurry night, I do remember going back to her apartment and eating chocolate chip cookies and drinking milk. Abby is so funny and a great friend. She likes southern boys, and gets so excited when she finds them in Orlando. She has always been like a big sister to me and helped show me how to have a fun time at UT . (Sidenote: She also got our hotel room in Nashville VIP treatment so that makes her even more fab because she is like a celeb) So, here is an update straight from Universal in dealing with the HP theme park:
"I just wanted you to know since you are huge HP fan that once the new movie gets released to video (otherwise known as DVD) it will have a sneak peak of the new HP island opening at Universal's Islands of Adventure. Also, the island opening is suppose to coinside with the next movie coming out! (I'm confident the park opening will be later than dec 09 :( but you will eventually make it here!!!"
Thanks Miss Wallce, I know that I, along with all the HP nerds that read my blog, are thrilled by this piece of information.
19 August 2008
I found some interesting information, along with some that was just plain dumb. Though I know it is good to drink water with your vodka tonics, who really wants to look like the loser while all of your other friends are balling? However, I also read that some shots contain more calories than certain glasses of wines.
And while my research did not result in any wonderful sounding recipes ( I mean really, who wants to drink no-carb margaritas?) just remember that if you are making mixed drinks, you can always use Diet Coke, sugar-free juices, or just enjoy light beers. And, if you are healthier while you are enjoying your time from 10 p.m. till 2 a.m., you can always get that bag of chips from Jimmy John's at 2:30 a.m.
I have also been wondering this all summer, or really, my entire life? Why is it that some people get bitten by mosquitoes more than others? I always am a target, even if I am outside for just a few minutes. People used to tell me, oh because you are so sweet. Which I do believe is true, but I wanted a medical explanation. So, I found that mosquitoes are drawn to different smells your body gives off. Also, if you are Type O Blood they are more attracted, and if you have been drinking they are too! Wow! This is the simple explanation I have been searching for.
17 August 2008
Otherwise, other happenings in the celeb world:
- Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer have broken up. Well, this is no surprise to me because I thought they were an odd couple to begin with. I mean really, who thought this was going to last? Poor Aniston, she has had the worst luck with guys ever since her split with Brad, who is now def on Team Jolie.
- Harry Potter fans had a little piece of them crushed inside this past week. It was announced that the new movie will be opening in June 2009 instead of November 2008. Ah!Ah!Ah! I can't believe it. It is said that Warner Brothers is still feeling the effect of the Writer's Strike and wanted the movie to be a big summer blockbuster, compared to a holiday one. Blah, Blah, Blah is what I have to say. It is also rumored that WB did not want the movie to open in November because that is also when Daniel Radcliffe (who plays Harry) will be in the midst of his Broadway run of Equus. This is because Radcliffe appears nude and the execs don't want this image to mix the one of Harry which they want to chaste and virginal. I think that is just ridiculous. Well, whatever the reason, a little piece of my heart broke when I found the release date had been pushed back.
16 August 2008
Let's get down to it. Michael Phelps is not human. He is a swimming machine. I don't know how he does it. Even when it seems as if he is not going to win he pulls through at the last second. I think he is superfab. I would never date him though because he is either in the pool, eating, swimming. And he is so much more muscular than I am - he would crush me if we were to dry hump. Also, I always wonder, what is he listening to on his ipod before he races? Is it a podcast of motivational words? Or is it some pump up music? Metallica or 3-6 Mafia? Or is it the "so hot right now" Jonas Brothers. That is the million dollar question of the Olympics. Leave comments below on what you think that he is listening to before he takes the plunge. I wonder if Apple paid him to use the ipod? Probably not, but it is a thought.
The women gymnastics did have a silver lining! Both the gold and silver went to the USA. Way to go Nastia and Shawn! Represent the red, white and blue! Even though I was pulling for Shawn to win, only because she was so cute I could put her in my pocket, I am very happy the way things turned out. Nastia delivered a perfect performance, especially on the uneven bars. I did tear up when they received their medals - that is always my favorite part of the Olympics. I only tear up though when an American wins gold because of course, the Star Spangled Banner hits right at home for me.
Speaking of life changing moments, I had one this week. I became an owner of an iphone! I know, I know. Some may say that it is too much for a phone, why do you need it? Let me tell you - it is simply amazing. I can do anything with it. I can even update the blog. So now, I simply don't have an excuse for being behind (Sorry loyal fans). But yes, the phone is amazing. I feel as if I have the world at my fingertips and feel so superfab when I whip it out to send a text or pick up a phone call. I did not know how I would feel about the touch screen, but it is amazing - much better than texting with T9. You must get one! Your life will change! For example, last night over dinner, Janna and I were discussing a trip that we want to take. So, I pulled up the Northwest page and looked at ticket prices. Simply amazing. Another funny story that goes with this phone is that I am going to a class at the apple store to learn how to use it. I understand the basic functions, but I am going to get the Apple guys to show me some tricks of the trade so I can be even more fabulous when I use it. If you think I am dorky for doing this, I don't even care. I have an iphone, do you? (If you do - kudos to you.)
Hm, I found something else the other day that I do not like. U-Scan at the supermarkets. Every time I go to one it is exactly around the second item I am scanning that I think to myself, "Molls, why did you go to this thing? They drive you crazy!" These machines lure you in with their ease and short lines. Plus, you can get out real quick if you have a few items. Well let me tell you, even with a few items, it is so easy to convince the machine you are stealing if you move one pack of DC away from the sensor. Then the lady who works the post near the machines has to click a few buttons and glares your way. Ah, the U-Scan. Even though it does make me mad, I am sure I will still use them in the future. What a double edged sword!
Project Runway was wonderful this week. Brooke Shields was the guest judge and the designers had to create a look for her character, Wendy, on the show Lipstick Jungle. I felt as if I had a fair advantage in watching this show because I also watched Lipstick Jungle. If you missed this show, I am not surprised, but it is coming back for a second season. It is about three powerful women in New York and their lives. It is kind of like Sex and the City, but not really. It is entertaining to say the least and was one of my faves during the Writer's Strike. Ok, back to PR. So, Kelli was kicked off, which I find sad. But her leopard print suit was terrible with a capital t. I thought Blayne's was terrible also, but his personality adds to the humor in the show. The only thing I disagreed with was the winner. I liked Darrel's outfit the best - can I get one? Next week they have to create costumes for drag queens - I can't wait!
So I hope that everyone is having a relaxing weekend. Mine has been great so far. The only lame thing about working is now my body is used to getting up early so I feel as if I can't sleep in. What? I am turning into one of those people. But, like I was telling someone the other day, my 23 year has been the best so far. I know I know, I have only been this age for a week but so many wonderful things have happened I just know it can only get more fabulous from here.
13 August 2008
Alot has happened in the celeb world, but I believe that we should all take a moment to remember the lives of both Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes. Two great entertainers. And Hayes was found in his Memphis home, so his death has been a local celeb story. So, have a toast to both Mac and Hayes tonight and remember all of the wonderful things that they donated to the world of entertainment.
It is the Olympics - go USA! It is a time when we should all feel alive with patriotism. (Even though I believe you should always be this way!) Michael Phelps - what a beast. He is amazing. I just want to squeeze his muscles. I heard from an inside source that he has been eating 8,000 - 10,000 calories a day. OMG! If I did that, I would be a contestant for the next season of The Biggest Loser. However, he burns it on up. And congrats to Phelps, who is now the most decorated Olympic athlete in history. I am also pulling for Shawn Johnson to win the all-around Gold. She is so cute, I just want to put her in my pocket! And she also maintains a normal life outside of gymnastics, which is wonderful too. I believe that the women did an excellent job going for the gold, but the Chinese beat them out. I think it is a little ridiculous though because some of the girls on China's team do NOT look 16. A good friend once said, "Hey if she looks old enough, it is alright..." Well this philosophy does not apply to this point, but Olympic officials said all of their passports did check out. Whatev.
08 August 2008
Also, some new abbrevs:
Bump- Bumper Sticker (as in car or facebook)
LNTB - Late Night Taco Bell
DD- Drunk Dial
DT- Drunk Texting
Add these to your vocab and you will be even more fabulous!
Well the reason that I did not keep voting for Katee is because me new reality obsession, Project Runway, was on. Actually I had to watch the dvr version, so the rest of the world knew before me who was kicked off. Oh well, the price you pay when you are just fabulous and having to watch mulitiple shows. This week, Heidi and Tim challenged the designers to make a female outfit for the American Olympic Team. This outfit was supposed to represent what the desginer thought the team should wear in the opening ceremony. And thank goodness that Jennifer went home - she did not even have red in her ensemble. Hello?!?! Our colors are red, white and blue. She just had gold with a navy jacket, and it did not look like the Olympics AT ALL. The skirt was cute, but for cocktails with your girlfriends or your boo. I was not sad to see her leave because her personality was blah and she was just blah blah blah.
Have you ever won a contest you enter online? I sure have not. I always enter them on glamour.com for jeans, make-up, trips, etc. I am not that frequent with entering, however my sister is. She enters everything! Whit is always receiving different samples in the mail and just won a pair of boots. I guess that I just need to be entering in these contests all the time. Today, glamour.com sent me one to win the same diamonds that all the celebs have. Bomb.
So I found the Brad and Angie People. My week is complete. It is just simply wonderful. I also love how there was a pic of Katherine Heigl with her bff TR Knight. (Izzie and George from Grey's for all of you that have been living under a rock.) They were at the mall and she had a bag from Sephora!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, we are going to be best friends, I just feel it.