Yes, yes - the rumors on page six are true - Mollie's blog is back and better than ever. I know that some of you may have lost faith in this wonderful website (shame on you) but the loyal fans knew that new postings would come. So, you are asking, what have you been up to? Well, my friends, I will try to sum up this past month of my celeb filled life in a short synopsis for you to enjoy. And don't worry, I will not take another leave of absence. I just had to go help Lil Wayne create his blog and help solve world peace. It is just hard to live life in flashing lights.
I have been jet setting across the southeast, landing in Knoxville, Atlanta, Nashville, Starkville and a few other stops along the way. In Atlanta I celebrated some VIP birthdays by drinking bottomless wine and listening to some jazz music. I also tried to find some time to help out my friend Usher publicize his new hit single - but told him I will forever be a fan of Love in this Club.
Moving has also been in this past whirlwind - I am know a proud tenant in a penthouse, and let me tell you, it is very bomb. If you are ever in Memphis, please get a hold of my publicist and she will see if we can arrange a personal tour. And, if you give enough money to the Mollie Robinson Shopping Foundation (the cause is to keep me looking fabulous) you may even get to have dinner, watch some Gossip Girl, or even get to spend the night in the wonderful place I call home. I, of course, have a fab roomie in the penthouse - the one and only Janna. She is planning on returning as a contributor of the blog. To read some of her past work, check out a previous post on Billy Bob Thornton.
Well, I thought that a good way to welcome back the blog is for me to give you some things that are now fab, still fab, and not so fab -- so drum roll please:
1. Gossip Girl - yes, yes I know it is in the second season, but the CW's show about Upper East Side high school students has me hooked. The lifestyles are glamorous, the love triangles scandalous, and the fashion is just to die for. Will Chuck and Blair ever "seal the deal" again - we will have to wait till tomorrow night to find out. The other reason I love this show is that it is so unreal - high school seniors sipping on cosmos at the most posh places in NYC - totally fab.
2. Taylor Swift - Some of you may think this is very teeny bopper - but Taylor is back with more handwritten songs. She is a very talented young woman, and I think that the studio execs who signed her are happy to find such a talented artist at a young age. I sure hope that she does not become a hot mess, and keeps makig music till she is Dolly Parton's age. Check out a new single from her upcoming album, You're Not Sorry.
3. T.I. "Paper Trail" - This album is one of the best of the year. Too bad that he has to go to prison this year. BUT, check out this CD - it has some great beats and great guests, like JT, Usher, and Ludacris. BOMB.
4. Twilight - This book is amazing. I am still reading it, so please don't leave any comments about the ending. A movie is coming out too about this hit book in November. If you like Harry Potter, check out this book. Ed Cullen is so sexy.
1. Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla Coffee - enough said. If you have not tried it yet, what are you waiting for?
2. Chanel Chance - a classic scent from an icon. You must smell it the next time you are shopping in Sephora. Buy it for the special person in your life, each time she wears it, she will think of you. Here is an early Christmas present from me - the link to go and buy it. Trust me, she will thank you.
3. Britney. She is back, and I can't wait for her new album. I am sure that you have seen the hot new video for Womanizer - if not, then you have been living under a rock.
4. Keira Knigtley - I believe that she is coming into her own as an actress. You must check out her new film, The Duchess, based on Georgiana, the Duchess of Devonshire. I smell Oscar buzz.
1. Daylight Savings - Though we did get an extra hour of sleep last night (when I rolled over to see the clock this morning, I thought it was 9:30, only to realize a few mintues later it was just half past eight) the sun will begin to set at 4 p.m. Well, that might be a tad exagerrated, but I hate how it gets dark earlier now. It is now truly fall, and the only thing that makes it that much better is the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.
2. Jessica Simpson - Her time is over. It is all about Ashlee now. Jessica, you were awesome in the MTV hit "Newlyweds". The only way for her to get back on the "still fab" list is to come back with a hot new single - and not country.
3. Tennessee's football record. Though I do think the Vols are alway fab, it is sad to see us not pull out the strongest season. Come on Vols, let's have some big wins against some of our last opponents this season.
Again - I hope that you are glad the blog is back. I sure am excited about it. Let me know if you want to be a guest writer or if you have any ideas. And as always, keep reading!