11 September 2008

Tipsy Thursday and Stylish First Ladies



So, yes, I have decided to create a new day: Tipsy Thursday. And today I am going to reccommend a new wine that I sampled the other day. It is called HobNob and it is wonderful and very well priced. The wine is made in California, but is made like a French wine. I mean, I really don't know how they do that, but that is what the man told me. And the reason that I know all this information is because the wine salesmen came to work to get us to buy some HobNow to serve at events. I know, wine tasting is part of my job description and that you are super jealous. So, if you want a great wine to pair with your next romantic dinner (or just some to drink to help you get crunk on a Friday night, or any night of the week) I strongly recommend HobNob. It is what all the local celebs in Memphis are drinking.

As America is torn in half by the political race that is happening right now, I think that we should take a few minutes to take a look at the two potential First Ladies. And not about all their wonderful accomplishments and abilities, but at their fashion choices during the time they are supporting their husbands's bid for the White House. I was thrilled a few weeks ago when I opened to the style section of the Sunday paper and an article talking about how both Michelle Obama and Cindy McCain have been sporting pearls throughout the race. Which I find to be the classiest piece of jewelry and very American. I do believe that their choice of wearing pearls refelcts both of their inner Jackie-O (who is always going to be the most stylish First Lady). So, I decided to pick out my two favorite outfits worn by each during the race. First, McCain could not have gone wrong in her vintage green dress that she wore when Palin spoke to the delegates at the RNC. The way it draped in the back made added drama and her jewelry and hair were styled just right. I love that McCain has bleach blonde hair, it makes her sooooo American. And yes, I do believe that she has had some work done on her face, but who cares? I would be doing that too if my husband were running for President and the cameras were always on me. I believe that botox and blonde hair done right can make you look superfab, and that is what McCain has done in this look. Obama has a little more of a youthful look, and wears bright colors while sometimes flashing some skin. I enjoy this purple dress with a belt - the color really makes her pop which I think is great with her personality. I also think that some of her style are comparable to Carrie Bradshaw (as the picture shows) but with a more Presidential taste.


Well, no matter what the election outcome is in November, we all know one thing: the next First Lady is going to be very sylish and a fashion icon for our country. I know, I know, this has nothing to do with any of the issues, but hey, it's an added bonus for our country!

1 comment:

  1. mollie, since you love first ladies and fashion - you need to start following Nicholas Sarkozy's wife, Carla Bruni-Sarkozy. She has amazing, almost flawless taste. Here is a little article about her. I think you will love her! Keep on blogging!

    http://www.vanityfair.com/style/features/2008/09/bruni200809

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...