19 August 2008

Tipsy Tuesday

Ah, back to the good ole TT. This morning, I added a great application to my phone called restaurants. It is a guide to the caloric values of your favorite dishes at some of the most popular restaurants. I was shocked to learn that my favorite salad at Chili's contained three times the calories than I thought it did. Therefore, I decided to do a little research into what drinks are better for you or if there are any healthier tips when you are going out on the town.

I found some interesting information, along with some that was just plain dumb. Though I know it is good to drink water with your vodka tonics, who really wants to look like the loser while all of your other friends are balling? However, I also read that some shots contain more calories than certain glasses of wines.

And while my research did not result in any wonderful sounding recipes ( I mean really, who wants to drink no-carb margaritas?) just remember that if you are making mixed drinks, you can always use Diet Coke, sugar-free juices, or just enjoy light beers. And, if you are healthier while you are enjoying your time from 10 p.m. till 2 a.m., you can always get that bag of chips from Jimmy John's at 2:30 a.m.

I have also been wondering this all summer, or really, my entire life? Why is it that some people get bitten by mosquitoes more than others? I always am a target, even if I am outside for just a few minutes. People used to tell me, oh because you are so sweet. Which I do believe is true, but I wanted a medical explanation. So, I found that mosquitoes are drawn to different smells your body gives off. Also, if you are Type O Blood they are more attracted, and if you have been drinking they are too! Wow! This is the simple explanation I have been searching for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...