19 September 2011

Emmy Red Carpet Recap

{Ahh... as you know, award shows are my favorites.  And I love the Emmys because not only do I love television, but it is also fun to have an award show to watch in the fall.  As you know, award season starts in January and goes through the beginning of March.



Jane Lynch did a phenomenal job as host and the musical numbers added a little spice between the "Best Writer" acceptance speeches.


I was excited to see Modern Family sweep the comedy awards, but I would have liked to seen Glee get an Emmy too.  My other favorite win was Kyle Chandler, who played Coach Taylor on Friday Night Lights.  Great show, so sad it is now off the air.

BUT... let's get down to my FAVE part of the night... the fashion!  Let's start with my picks for Best Dressed:


Sofia Vergara.  Flawless in Vera Wang.  Loved her earrings.  Need I say more?


Connie Britton, aka Tammy Taylor from Friday Night Lights.  Hottie!  Love the skirt, and can I please get the number for her personal trainer?


I am literally obsessed with Kerry Washington and this dress.  The red sequins and sheer train made it stand out from the other red gowns last night.  The gown looked great on stage, I wish I could have seen it in person.


Lea Michele in Marchesa... need I say more?  So effortlessly gorgeous.  I love how she wore her hair down.


Though this dress is simple, I love how Kaley Cuoco pulls off a vintage feel with this black lace one shouldered gown and red heels.  Plus, I love her show and think she is just hilarious and adorable.


I just love Emily Blunt (Mrs. John Krasinski...sigh).  She always looks so polished, and I love the deep blue color, lace, and ruffles on this Elie Saab gown.


Heidi Klum... one, can I have your legs?  Two, you looked FAB in this Christian Siriano creation.  I love the full, ruffled skirt.


Jayma Mays... you are truly one of my favorites.  Many critics did not like this dress, but I love the tired look and sheer lace top.  I would rock this frock by Zuhair Murad.


Julie Bowen looking gorgeous in a plunging sequined gown by Oscar de la Renta.  Love her in this dress.


Another sequined favorite... Claire Danes in Oscar de la Renta as well.  I love the color and fit of the gown.  Plus, she is just so chic and gorgeous!


And Finally... my three fave looks of the night (I could not just decide on one!):



LOVE this sequined metallic dress worn by Rachel Taylor, a new Charlie's Angel and a former Grey's Anatomy guest star.  This one has a bright future ahead of her.  I love how she styled her hair simply to contrast with the shiny"ness" of the dress.


Kate Winslet - so timeless, gorgeous, and what a movie star should always look like.  Red was definitely the color of the night, and she rocked it in this Elie Saab.


Gwyneth Paltrow can do no wrong in this lace Pucci.  I am dying for that dress and her body.  If I had that stomach I would wear that dress to the grocery store.

Now... on to some of the looks I was not crazy about:


 Darren Criss - I love you.  You are so talented and that suit is great.  BUT...the glasses?  Really?


Another sad one for me - Dianna Agron.  The color is great, but the dress...blah. 


 Krsiten Wiig... I just can't get into the color.


Amy Poehler... another one where I love the color, but I wish that her styling was different.  I would have loved this dress with her hair down.

And the worst dressed in my opinion:

Julianna Marguiles.  Why oh why?  I know it is Armani Prive, but I just can't get past the large bedazzled items on the bodice.  Def a miss.

Who were your best and worst dressed picks?  I am looking forward to tuning into the E! Red Carpet Special tonight.}

{photos via in style & people}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...