01 June 2011

(Healthified) Strawberry Shortcake


{I have such a sweet tooth, it really is a problem.  I would eat cookies, brownies, chocolates every day if I had the metabolism of a teenager.  Unfortunately, I don't.  And I don't always enjoy working out... even though I go.  And I also like the way my skinny jeans fit, so I can't indulge all the time.  So lately I have been looking for recipes that are healthier.  Wait, scratch that.  Somewhat healthier.

I made this quick and easy (because who likes long and hard??) recipe for Strawberry Shortcake.  These turned out delish, my life partner and I both had two.  Which I guess is ok, since they are the healthified version. 


1 pint strawberries, sliced  
1/4 cup sugar You can of course use sugar, but I did not have any, so I used honey as a substitute.
1 cup Bisquick Heart Smart  
2 tbsp sugar  Again, I used honey here.
1/3 cup fat free milk  
1/4 cup cool whip - lite
  1. Stir strawberries and honey (or sugar).
  2. Heat oven to 425F. Stir Bisquick mix, 2 tblsp honey (or sugar), and milk until soft dough forms. Drop by 4 spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
  3. Bake 10-12 min until golden brown. Split warm shortcakes; fill and top with strawberries and whipped topping.} 




{Side note, I should def be a food photographer.  Call me if you need food work done.  I also am an excellent taste tester, I have TONS of experience in eating sweets.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...