09 January 2012

Real Resolutions

{Resolutions, they are all around us.  I really don't take pen to paper to write down resolutions each January, but I do think of ways to improve my well being at the start of each year.  For example, I just joined a new gym and am getting back into group classes.  I know, I know, some people think it is crazy to spend money each month at a gym... "Why not just go outside and run?" they ask.  And I know that I could do that, but I just like being around others when I am working out, it really pushes me to my limit.  So, that is why I love group classes.  I have just started to get back into cycling/spin class and I feel great already.  Let me tell you, if you want to burn some calories - take a spin class, you will not be disappointed.


I also am trying to not be so forgetful.  I will admit, I am all over the place.  I will have an event, and then totally space out and forget which day it is taking place.  I splurged on a new agenda, and am hoping that I can keep it together all year long.  


Another way to improve my well being?  To be thankful each day.  God has given me so much, and many days I move too fast to notice my blessings.  Yes, yes, it sounds cliche, but I am really trying to move a little slower and take in each moment as they happen.  I am also trying to always be content and thankful of where I am in my life.  So many times I want fancy clothes, new furniture, a fun vacation... then I realize that the only thing that can give me pure joy and contentment is my relationship with God.}




{photos via pinterest}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...